Sunday, October 28, 2007

pumpkin eater

today i made this bread. i was trying a new recipe but, i have to say that mother really does know best and my recipe from her really does kick all other pumpkin bread to the curb.

here is the recipe:

4 cups flour
1/2 t. nutmeg
4 cups sugar
1 29 oz. can pumpkin
4 t. baking soda
1 cup oil
1 t. salt
1 t. cloves
1 t. cinnamon
(my mom puts 2 c. raisins and 2 c. nuts, but personally, i would do 2 c. chocolate chips)

mix dry ingredients into a large bowl. add nuts and raisins (or choc. chips), then stir in pumpkin and oil. beat with wooden spoon until well blended. grease and flour 2 large or 3 medium loaf pans. pour in batter and bake in 325° oven for 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours. put toothpick in center to see if bread is done.

4 comments:

chloe said...

The bread looks delicious! Is that Emile Henrie bakeware I see? I love it!

carolinesbakeshop said...

yes, she has great bakeware. i have a matching pie pan. i love them!

Veeda said...

yum!

f*bomb. said...

hmmmkay...so I'm thinking- if you learned how to cook like this from your mom, and your sister lives over here...Maaaybe I will wander in and offer to "watch the kids" so she has time to focus on her other domestic duties. Like baking me pumpkin bread and creme-filled cupcakes...Yes?