Wednesday, March 2, 2011

chocolate dipped macaroons


These just might be the easiest thing I've ever made. And that's not just cause my Mama helped me. Anyone could make these—in a very short amount of time, and with only 3 ingredients to boot (plus the dipping chocolate, if you so choose). We made these and the ever delightful Peanut Butter Bon Bons (or Buckeyes, as my Dad prefers to call them) within the space of a few hours. So, hold on to your seats, cause I'm about to blow your mind by dropping this easy/delicious/fast knowledge on you...
 
5 cups coconut (that's just over one normal sized bag)
1/3 cup flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix coconut and flour together. Add milk, mix and drop in spoonfuls (we used a medium sized cookie scoop, which worked like a dream) onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 325° or until lightly browned.

After they cooled, we dipped half each cookie halfway into melted dipping chocolate. (A tip I just learned from Mama King: make sure the chocolate doesn't reach much higher than a melted lukewarm, otherwise it will get unruly on you)

**I do not know the recipe source, except that my Dad's ex-girlfriend from high school sent it to my Mom. I know that totally sounds weird, but I won't question the raddness of this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone's so impressed with your original coconut macaroon recipe- wait 'till I lay this madness on them.
Thanks, Caroline's Bake Shop! Every time I see a recipe with less than 5 ingredients (ones I can recognize), I like to feel like you posted it especially for me.

Jenny (VintageSugarcube) said...

Soooo glad I came across your blog. Those macaroons looks sooo good and I love a recipe that is quick. Is your dad from Ohio? I notice you mentioned buckeyes. I did a Buckeye recipe on my site. :)

carolinesbakeshop said...

My dad isn't from Ohio, but he sure does love those candies. I'm loving your site! Thanks for checking mine out!

Katrina said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe, one favorite of the whole family. I'll try this over the weekend!

Cali said...

Hey Care, I was craving me some macaroons, so I made these and they are fabulous. Thanks for a super easy and delicious recipe. Hope you are doing well!

f*bomb. said...

MASSIVE SUCCESS!
Thanks again, Caroline's Bakeshop! You make my rockin' world go 'round.