Monday, June 11, 2007

my first post: sunday morning bread

one of my favorite things to do on sunday mornings is to make homemade bread.

this is my mom's half white/half wheat bread. (keeping things multi-cultural.)

growing up, i don't really remember having any store-bought bread in our house. my mom was always churning out loaves of bread that she would either feed to us or sell to a few neighbors and friends. and since i aspire to be my mother's daughter, i love to make homemade bread. you can't beat the smell or taste of fresh bread. it's a tough thing to master and while i haven't quite gotten there, i think i'm getting better. hope mama is proud.

9 comments:

Broek said...

Yay Care. Love the bread, looks excellent. Way to move toward what you want.

miggy said...

Does this bread ship to NYC? I want some now. Ditto what Broek said. . . way to make it happen and I love the header.

DC United said...

This blog is going to be trouble...I'm at work right now and craving a piece of that bread with some butter, honey and a tall glass of milk. Do you deliver? ;)

f*bomb. said...

O. MY.
That smells delicious.

caroline said...

i will be delivering soon. to ny and wherever else you want. thanks for the support people!

liz s said...

mmmm this looks so delish! i'm so excited you are jumping on the blogging wagon.

elsa bags said...

what the * i'm not quite understanding why this bread isn't in my belly every sunday morn. i'd wake up for bread...

caroline said...

ok, let's have a sunday morning breakfast buffet. bread and hash browns and eggs...

f*bomb. said...

oooh- You make me wish I lived in Salt Lake!
I've never said those words before...