Sunday, September 25, 2011

Peach Cobbler


In my last post, I discussed my love for peaches. They are The Fruit of The Gods. Why can't they just be in season all year? Then I could make Peach Cobbler anytime I want. This recipe is from the awesome cookbook The Pastry Queen by Rebecca Rather. This recipe is super easy and so, so good.

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk
3 cups sliced fresh peaches, peels left on
1/2 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan set over medium-high heat until it bubbles and turns a nut-brown color. Watch the butter closely, as it can go from browned to burned in a few seconds. Pour the butter into an 8-inch-square baking dish. In a medium, stir together the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk. Pour the milk mixture on top of the melted butter. Do not stir. Without mixing, arrange the peaches evenly on top of the batter. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the cobbler.

Bake the cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top turns golden brown. The batter will migrate from the bottom of the pan to cover the peach slices. Serve warm or at room temperature.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Yummm... that looks so good! And the recipe seems so easy! I always shy away from cobblers because they seem so much more work intensive than crumbles/crisps, but this one seems totally do-able. I'll have to try it sometime soon :)

xx
Without a Thing Wear

webindia said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.by Revathi

Brittany said...

I came here after seeing Miggy blog about you AND seeing that delicious looking banana cream pie. PLEASE oh please either post the recipe or hint at how we can make a similar version at home. Thank you! :)

carolinesbakeshop said...

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for checking out the blog! I can't post the recipe, but I will look for something that is some-what similar and post it.

And Naomi,

This one is really, really easy. You should definitely try it. I hope you like it as much as I did!