Wednesday, August 5, 2009

flourless peanut butter cookies


i first found these on joy the baker's site. and i heard my sister talk about pretty much the same recipe, so i had to try it. and i'm soooooo glad i did. best peanut butter cookies of my life! and since they don't have any flour, it's pretty much pure protein at that point, right? sure, whatever.

1 c. smooth peanut butter
1 c. sugar (1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. granulated sugar)
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 t. baking soda

preheat oven to 350°. in a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork, dipped in sugar. bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.

8 comments:

Betsy said...

Yes. Totally healthy. I'm so excited to try these!!!

Jaime said...

Thank you!! After going gluten free, I'm all about flourless yummies. I can't wait to try them out.

carin davis said...

I had peanut butter cookies on my mind this morning...your post couldn't have been better timing! Thank you!

Amorology said...

Yes please!! How are you so amazing? I want everything on here. :)

EEEJ said...

Made them...and guess what...they are in incredible. THANK YOU!

mal said...

im making these right now (:

mal said...

i made these last night, but they were waaay too sweet ):
i think im trying again and reducing the sugar quantity and not dip them in sugar.

Farrah Wun said...

These just never fail me. And so good, because I'm on this health-kick now...