whenever i make these, they are always a super-hit. i've been making these since high school and they are still my favorite basic chocolate chip recipe.
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375° Grease a 9x13" pan.
2. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
5. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Spread into prepared pan.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.